Sunday, December 31, 2006

What a weekend

Wow, what a busy weekend we had. My little guy started to get sick Thursday night with a high fever and being very clingy. I felt so bad, as he couldn't tell me what was wrong and was up crying til early in the morning. He was sleepy and not himself all day Friday and the same thing Friday night.

We got up early Saturday morning and were taking my nephew to Dave and Buster's in Philly, for his 10th birthday. I had never been there and was looking forward to going. We has a surprise in store for him and he no-one knew except the adults. We had to meet everyone at my sisters houses. When we arrived, there was a black stretch limo in the driveway. His eyes perked up and and mouth droped. I told him to go see what they were doing there and they told him they were lost and turning around. A minute later, I told him to go ask if the driver needed directions. The limo driver stepped out of the car and said, "NO, I'm looking for Peter" and Pete was like "That's me" and he asked him where he wanted to go today. So, we all piled into the limo and headed off to Philly.

We had lunch at Dave and Buster's and played a ton of games. Was a pretty cool place, if you've never been. Pictures posted on my profile page. Anyway, i don't think he will ever forget his 10th birthday...

My little guy continued to be sick all night on Saturday and cried and woke up every hour. This led to mommy not getting much sleep. I took him to the Dr. today and we really think it's because he's teething. He's getting 8 teeth at one time. He's not a happy camper. Had a not so busy day today, but got a little bit of sleep while Ryan napped. My heart feels so bad, that I can't fix his pain.

Tonight is emotional for me, as tomorrow is the 1st day of Shotgun Deer hunting here. My husband lived for this week. It was a family tradition and he looked forward to it every year. It was time he spent with his brother and sons and he always wanted them to score first, before himself. His mom always makes a big dinner the Sunday night before and everyone would go in and eat. She also gets up at the crack of dawn, or before, tomorrow morning and makes the guys breakfast and then dinner tomorrow night. I know Wayne will be on everyone of their minds tomorrow morning, as he was a "Leader" and a good hunter. It was 4 days of the guys getting to hang out together. To hunt, talk about hunting and tell the same stories that have been told for 100 years.I would always keep Wayne up late tonight, talking and he'd finally go to bed at 1am and have to wake up at 3:30am to get to his mom's for breakfast. He put up with so much from me:)

I was at my sister's and told of what I just told you all and was a bit sappy and missing Wayne. As I was talking, I was helping her clean up the boys play area, when I looked up on the train table and on there, was 1 matchbox car and a plastic 10 POINT BUCK.... What are the odds??? I asked her, where did you get this, she said someone gave it to the boys for their birthday and only saw it back in August. I have NEVER seen this plastic deer before and it wasn't there all weekend. It was just that I was talking about Wayne and how much he loved Shotgun week and for me to look up and see that sitting there, was a sign, that he was there and listening. I asked if I could have it. I took it up to the cemetary on the way home tonight (that's love, a cemetery at dark) and put it on his headstone. I love you honey and wish you good shooting tomorrow. I know your'll be hunting up there, if you can and you will be watching over your family tomorrow to make sure they score.

For those of you who have not walked in my shoes, the signs I get from Wayne are amazing. I have never thought about or believed so much in signs from the afterlife, but I am living this, everyday and I know Wayne is doing everything in his power, to show me that he still exists, hears me and is with me. I can feel my best friend around me. Wayne will never leave me.

So, that was my weekend. Sick little man, spending time with my nephew and his friends and taking a stretch to Philly. Taking little man to the Dr. and trying to catch up on sleep that I missed out on Thursday and Friday night and going to a cemetery in the dark for the 1st time in my life. That's love, for a girl like me who is a big whimp.

No comments: